ERC 163, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ
PhD in Physics, 12/2006
Assistant Research Scientist April 2007 - Present
Assistant Research Scientist/Postdoctoral Research Associate 01/07-03/10
Graduate Research Associate 2006
Graduate Research Assistant 2004 - 2005
Graduate Teaching Assistant 2002 - 2003
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS IN REFEREED JOURNALS
1. V.R. D'Costa, Y.-Y. Fang, J. Tolle, J. Kouvetakis and J. Menéndez, Ternary SiGeSn alloys: New opportunities for strain and bandgap engineering using group IV semiconductors, Thin Solid Films 518, 2531 (2010)
2. V. R. D'Costa, Y.-Y. Fang, J. Tolle, J. Mathews, R. Roucka, J. Kouvetakis, and J. Menéndez, Sn-alloying as a means of increasing the optical absorption of Ge at the C- and L telecommunications bands, Semicond. Sci. Technol. 24 115006 (2009)
3. V. R. D'Costa, J. Xie, J. Tolle, J. Kouvetakis, and J. Menéndez, Infrared dielectric function of p-doped Ge0.98Sn0.02 alloys, Phy. Rev. B 80, 125209 (2009).
4. V. R. D'Costa, Y.-Y. Fang, J. Tolle, A.V.G. Chizmeshya, J. Kouvetakis, and J. Menéndez, Tunable electronic structures at fixed lattice constant in group-IV semiconductor alloys, Phy. Rev. Lett. 102, 107403 (2009).
5. J. Tolle, V. D'Costa, Junqi Xie, A.V.G. Chizmeshya, J. Menendez and J. Kouvetakis, An in situ molecular approach to nanoscale p- and n-doping of Ge1-xSnx semiconductors: structural, electrical and transport properties, Solid State Electronics 53(8), 816-823 (2009).
6. Y-Y Fang, V. R. D' Costa, J. Tolle, J. Menendez and J. Kouvetakis, Strained metastable structures and selective area epitaxy of Ge-rich Ge1-xSix /Si(100) materials using nanoscale building blocks, Solid State Communications 149, 78-81 (2009).
7. Y.-Y. Fang, V. R. D'Costa, J. Tolle, C. D. Poweleit, John Kouvetakis, and José Menéndez, Strained Si films grown by chemical vapor deposition of trisilane on Ge buffered Si (100), Thin Solid Films 516, 8327-8332 (2008).
8. R. Roucka, V.R. D'Costa, Y.-J. An, M. Canonico, J. Kouvetakis, J. Menendez and A.V.G Chizmeshya, Thermoelastic and optical properties of thick boride templates on silicon for nitride integration applications, Chem. Mater. 20, 1431-1442, 2008.
9. V. R. D'Costa, J. Tolle, R. Roucka, C. D. Poweleit, J. Kouvetakis, J. Menéndez, Raman scattering in Ge1-ySny alloys, Solid State Communications, 144, 240-244 (2007).
10. V. R. D'Costa, J. Tolle, C. D. Poweleit, J. Kouvetakis, J. Menéndez, Compositional dependence of Raman mode frequencies in ternary Ge1-x-ySixSny alloys, Phys. Rev. B 76, 035211 (2007).
11. Vijay R. D'Costa, José Menéndez, Candi S. Cook, John Tolle, John Kouvetakis, Stefan Zollner, Transferability of Optical Bowing Parameters between binary and ternary Group-IV alloys, Solid State Communications, 138, 309-313 (2006).
12. Vijay R. D'Costa, Candi S. Cook, A. G. Birdwell, Chris L. Littler, Michael Canonico, Stefan Zollner, John Kouvetakis, José Menéndez. Optical properties of thin-film Ge1-ySny alloys: A comparative Ge1-ySny/Ge1-xSix study, Phys. Rev. B 73, 125207 (2006).
SELECTED CONFERENCE TALKS /PROCEEDINGS
1. V. R. D'Costa, E. H. Steenbergen, Y. Huang, J.-H. Ryou, R. D. Dupuis, Y.-H. Zhang, Infrared Dielectric Function of InAs/InAsSb Type-II Superlattices, 5th International Conference on Spectroscopic Ellipsometry, May 23rd - 28th, 2010, Albany, NY.
2. V. R. D'Costa, Group-IV semiconductors incorporating Sn, 9th July 2009, seminar presentation at Nebraska Center for Materials and Nanoscience, University of Nebraska, Lincoln.
3. Vijay R. D'Costa, John Tolle, Junqi Xie, José Menéndez, and John Kouvetakis, Transport properties of GeSn alloys, 29th International Conference on the Physics of Semiconductors, July 27- August 01, 2008, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
4. Vijay R. D'Costa, José Menéndez, John Tolle, Yanyan Fang, and John Kouvetakis, Direct absorption edge in GeSiSn alloys, presented at 29th International Conference on the Physics of Semiconductors, July 27- August 01, 2008, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
5. Vijay R. D'Costa, José Menéndez, Andrew V.G. Chizmeshya, John Tolle and John Kouvetakis: Structural, Vibrational, and Electronic Properties of Ternary SixGe1-x-ySny Alloys: presented at 2006 APS March Meeting, Baltimore, MD.
6. Vijay D'Costa, Andrew Chizmeshya, Candi Cook, John Kouvetakis and José Menéndez: Bowing in the Compositional Dependence of Optical Transitions in Ge1-ySny alloys: presented at 2005 APS March Meeting, Los Angeles, CA.
Electronic and Vibrational Properties of GeSn and SiGeSn alloys, Vijay D'Costa, VDM Verlag Dr. Müller (2009).
Ballroom dancing, fitness and sports.